Gerrit Willemse is a Registered Psychologist with over 30 years’ experience working in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. This incorporated mental health services, child protection work, the education sector and private practice settings. He is fully registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and is a registered Medicare Provider. Gerrit is fluent in both English and Afrikaans.
As a Psychologist Gerrit is passionate about providing excellent service to his clients, including children, teenagers, young adults/students in their 20’s, older adults & families and couples.
His areas of interest include:
• Depression/Bipolar Disorder
• Learning difficulties, Bullying
• Work stress, work related matters
• EAP support
• Relationship issues/communication issues
• Children and Adolescents with ADHD/ADD
• Adult ADHD/ADD
• Tourette’s Syndrome, Autistic Spectrum Disorders
• OCD, Panic disorders,
• Personality Disorders (such as BPD, etc.)
Gerrit is trained to use a wide variety of therapies to help his clients to become fully functional and flourish. Such as Positive Psychotherapy, CBT, ACT, Relaxation, Mindfulness, Hypnotherapy, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), Attachment Based Therapy, and many more depending on the needs of his clients. Gerrit says “I’m here to do the best for each of my clients and as long as they are willing to engage in therapy. Together we can help them flourish again and lead fulfilling, happy lives”.
Gerrit runs his own independent practice and engages Warrick Psychological services to provide administrative and other business services to enable him to provide assessment and treatment to his clients. Appointments are for 51 minutes at a rate of $200 for individual sessions and can attract a Medicare rebate with a GP Mental Health Care Plan.
Note: Appointments are precious and we appreciate you giving at least 24 hours’ notice if you can’t attend, otherwise 50% of the full fee will apply with no Medicare rebate.
Services offered by Gerrit
• Child Psychology: Focus on parent guidance, developmental challenges children experience, support dealing with bullying, learning issues, ADHD/ADD
• Adolescent Psychology: Supporting teenagers through difficult times, help making study and career choices, relationship issues, etc.
• Adult Psychology: Support with life’s challenges at home, work, socially
• Couples and Relationship Counselling Trained and experienced in supporting couples going through difficult times.